AWR Showcases AWR 2011 Design Suite at IMS 2011
New features and productivity enhancements improve accuracy, streamline the design process, and accelerate time-to-market
EL SEGUNDO, California, USA - June 1, 2011
AWR® Corporation the innovation leader in high-frequency EDA, is showcasing AWR 2011, the latest release of its popular software design suite, at IMS2011 in Booth 1618. AWR 2011 adds new features and productivity enhancements to every product in the suite, including Microwave Office™ high-frequency design software, AXIEM® 3D planar electromagnetic (EM) analysis software, Visual System Simulator™ (VSS) communication system design and optimization software, and Analog Office® RFIC design software.
New features in AWR 2011 include:
Microwave Office and Analog Office
- Design sharing (group design) – Makes it simple to manage data (schematics, layouts, EM analysis, and measurements) and resolve conflicts as subdesigns are combined and merged into a module or subsystem.
- Simulation state management (SSM) –Allows large amounts of simulation results from optimization runs, swept simulations, or Monte Carlo analyses to be efficiently managed in Microwave Office and Analog Office as well as in AXIEM software at all stages of the design process.
- Yield analysis: Allows parameterized, graphical geometry manipulation directly in AWR’s unified data model (UDM) architecture ensuring that the entire design remains synchronized with respect to parameterized geometry.
- RF Aware short/open checker: Makes it possible to detect and eliminate errors in wiring and layout early in the design flow
- AWR Connected for CapeSym SYMMIC: Lets MMIC designers capture and view the interdependencies between thermal and electrical properties and address them throughout the design process.
- Floating windows: Any window (layout, 3D views, measurements, etc.) can be pulled outside the run-time window for analysis.
- Asynchronous EM simulation: Allows users to keep working while EM analysis is being performed transparently in the background on multi-CPU computers.
- User-defined parameterized models: Both parameterized cells (pCells) or “static” shapes can be accessed and manipulated to define an EM parameterized model that can be defined by the user and simulated on demand, allowing the designers to use the actual shape in a highly accurate EM analysis.
- EM yield, sweeps, and optimization: Automatically integrates yield analysis, sweeps, optimization, and DFM seamlessly into the design flow.
Visual System Simulator
- Envelope simulator: Lets designers simulate circuit-level, time-variant phenomena such as memory effect in digital predistortion (DPD) configurations so they can focus on final performance metrics such as EVM and ACPR earlier in the design.
- System-level RF subcircuit parameters: Allows nonlinear circuits in Microwave Office software to share the same hierarchical parameter-passing as blocks within VSS software.
- RF Budget Analysis spreadsheet wizard: Brings the power of VSS RF Budget Analysis to spreadsheet enthusiasts.
AWR and its partners will also be delivering nine Microwave Applications Seminars (MicroApps) within the MicroApps theater during the symposium. The schedule is available at: http://web.awrcorp.com/content/Downloads/MicroApps-Schedule-2011.pdf.